COVID Rapid Screening Program
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is a participant in the Rapid Screening Program, but, alike other Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade, we are currently out of stock of rapid screening kits.
The province is continuing to urge the federal government to make more rapid tests available to provinces as quickly as possible. We are hoping to have more testing kits in mid-February. We will update you as soon as we receive more information.
- Businesses (including non-chamber members) with 150 employees or less. For businesses with over 150 employees, please order directly from the Ontario government portal.
- Private career colleges and private-designated learning institutions (post-secondary). Tests are available for unvaccinated employees, contractors, volunteers, and students attending campus.
- Private schools and public schools (elementary and secondary). Tests are available for unvaccinated employees, bus drivers, and regular visitors.
- Childcare centres. Tests are available for unvaccinated employees and regular visitors. In the case of home-based childcare programs, other unvaccinated adults in residence, or regularly at the residence, also qualify for testing.
Why do this?
Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic. Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A COVID-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Regular and frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases
How does the program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- Your Screening Supervisor signs up for this free program on this web page, completes the Program Agreement form (PASP), books a 15-minute appointment to pick up a two-week supply of kits, and reports their findings
- Employees administer the test themselves, with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- The Screening Supervisor reports the total number of tests completed, number of positive tests, number of negative tests, etc. on this web page
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits as needed
- Kits may not be reordered if weekly results have not been reported
Thanks to our partner, the Town of Lincoln, for supplying masks for businesses.