The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is currently accepting applications for the position of Membership Coordinator.
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, membership-driven organization which supports and represents over 200 local businesses, civic organizations and tourism-based businesses in the Town of Lincoln. This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales professional who wants a flexible schedule, recognizes and appreciates the issues facing businesses within our community, and enjoys the challenges of a sales environment.
This is a part-time position (15 hrs/week) with opportunities for flexibility in terms of schedule and work location.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Membership Coordinator will be instrumental in developing and maintaining Chamber memberships and building strong relationships within our Chamber and the business community in Lincoln.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for tasks including but not limited to:
- Actively seeking out and acquiring new members in the Lincoln area
- Understanding and communicating the Chamber’s goals, objectives, services and benefits to current and potential members
- Nurturing membership relationships to increase engagement with existing members, and executing business strategies to meet membership growth targets
- Being a trusted resource and knowledge base for our membership in terms of member benefits, events, opportunities and resources available; enabling members to maximize their membership
- Creating and maintaining relationships with Chamber Benefit Partners; developing new programs and benefits for our membership
- Providing monthly membership engagement and acquisition reports
- Working with the Office Manager to develop and implement innovative and value-add programming to fully engage and attract members
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous proven sales success (3+ years in a commission-based sales environment an asset)
- Experience and skill using a wide variety of software tools including the full Office Suite, Constant Contact, WordPress and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong attention to detail, with a well-developed organization, time management, and multi-tasking skillset
- A dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
Those who are interested in the role and possess the requisite skills are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to the attention of our hiring committee at HR@LincolnChamber.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.